Wedding DJ Services
Weddings are our primary focus and the cornerstone of our business. We assist in all aspects of pre-event entertainment planning, on-site production and music selection to provide a fun and memorable event. We are a insured, modern and creative event production company with more than 25 years experience.
Whether you’re hosting an intimate gathering, a large gala event, or looking for that nightlife experience, J&S Entertainment provides a personal touch and attention to detail every step of the way. No two wedding receptions are the same and not all DJs are created equal.
What do wedding DJs do? Professional wedding DJs do much more than just play music. At J&S, we skillfully plan and choreograph the entire event. On average, we spend 20-30 hours per wedding from the point of our first conversation to the moment we’re leaving the venue at the end of the best night of your life.
When the party is over, will your guests remember the venue, food, flowers and decor? Of course they will but what will be remembered months and years after your reception is how much fun the party was! Your wedding and reception will be a cherished memory for the rest of your life. Don’t trust this important decision to just any DJ. Trust J&S Entertainment!
The J&S Advantage
- We use state of the art digital sound equipment and always have backup gear in-line and ready to go at the touch of a button.
- We are fully insured and will provide our COI to your venue's management.
- From black tie events to Hawaiian beach-themed weddings, we are always appropriately dressed for your reception.
- We meet with you in advance to discuss the details of your reception and offer unlimited entertainment planning support.
- A site visit is always a part of the process when performing in unfamiliar venues or for more involved productions.
- We provide a full day of reception coordination and work seamlessly with your other vendors to make your event run smoothly./li>
- When working with a cinematographer, we always have main-mix sound outputs available for them to capture every moment of your ceremony and reception with perfect clarity.
- We have a massive, fully licensed music library with instantly accessible tracks ranging from the big band hits of the 30’s and 40’s to today’s chart toppers spanning many genre’s. We never stream music during an event.
- We will always tastefully emcee your event without being overbearing. You are the main event, not us.
- We are set up and ready to begin well before your contracted start time and will provide you with a fun and interactive experience that you and your guests will remember for a lifetime.
CT Wedding DJ Reception Packages
Wedding DJ selection could be the most important decision you make to ensure the success of your party. We are often asked why CT DJ pricing is so varied. Well, price doesn't always equal value. We're bringing over 25 years of experience, tour grade equipment, backup upon backup equipment, licensed, clean edit music, $2M liability insurance provided to your venue and the ability to turn on a dime should something not go according to plan. We're always ready with plan B and C.
Our straightforward philosophy when it comes to pricing is to KEEP IT SIMPLE. We don't have confusing and endless combinations of bronze, silver, gold and platinum packages. We have two core pricing options that include all of the equipment and services needed for a super successful party:
CT Wedding Reception PackageRegardless of guest count or venue size, this package includes everything you'll need for most wedding receptions.
- Five hours of DJ/MC service.
- Professional Disc Jockey/Emcee.
- Professional, tour grade sound system, perfectly matched for your room size and guest count.
- Intelligent, dynamic dance-floor lighting featuring four moving-head, light fixtures
- Two wireless microphones available for toasts and speeches.
- In-line backup equipment.
- Unmatched planning assistance to ensure a perfect party.
- Continually updated, licensed and expansive music library containing over 160,000 clean radio edited songs ranging from the big band hits of the 30’s and 40’s to today’s chart topping hits.
- Custom playlists tailored to your needs.
- Travel (within Connecticut), set-up and breakdown.
- On-site coordination
- Two-man team and package customization available
Reception with on-site CeremonyThis package includes everything in our base wedding reception package plus a second P/A system for your ceremony:
- Additional hour of on-site services for pre-ceremony and ceremony services.
- Additional planning to include ceremony logistics, flow and music from prelude to recessional.
- Additional sound system with music playback and microphones for the officiant and the wedding vow recital.
- Additional microphones available for a ceremony reading
- Prelude music during guest arrival.
- Processional and recessional music.
- Assistance with the orchestration of any ceremony traditions. ie: Unity Candle, Sand Ceremony, additional readings.
- Main-mix audio output available to cinematographer for crystal clear recorded audio.
- Audio record of ceremony, if requested - provided as a dowloadable .mp3 file within a few days of your ceremony.
- Learn more about the wedding ceremony services we provide and see examples in this blog post.
What does all of this cost?
Fill out our inquiry form and we'll send you our pricing information.
In this blog article, we've compiled a list of the most common questions we get asked by brides and groom. Check it out here
Getting married off-season, mid-week, or having a shorter or less formal reception? Let's chat and we'll put together a package that best meets your needs and budget.
Wedding Ceremony Production & Sound
Ceremony packages include a compact DJ system with your custom music selections for pre-ceremony prelude, processional and recessional and a two or (optional) four channel wireless mic combo kit (any combination of lapel or hand-held mics) with mixer. This is the perfect option for destination ceremonies requiring music and microphones so that the officiant and wedding vows are clearly heard by all guests. Four channel kits include a hand-held mic on a stand for ceremony readings and an even an extra mic for a live musician. We can even provide a line-in for musician instruments. We offer an optional, battery powered AC inverter or ultra-quiet generator to provide electricity for remote ceremony locations where a traditional power source isn’t readily available.
Just like our wedding reception packages, we can create a custom ceremony package to meet almost any requirement including live instrumentalists.
>Uplighting can add a dramatic effect to your reception. The color choices are endless and we offer packages of 5 to 30 light fixtures to completely transform your reception venue. The color can be fixed or gradually change throughout the course of the evening. Our lighting fixtures are self contained and can be placed virtually anywhere!
We create custom lighting packages to meet your needs and budget. The basic package includes 4-6 lights to accent specific architectural features of a room. Or, we can do a feature wall to add a color wash to the wall behind a head table. Common packages include ten to twenty fixtures to dramatically transform the look of a room. Our fixtures are battery powered, wireless controlled and feature ultra bright LED’s capable of producing any color that can be placed almost anywhere.
If the budget allows, 10-15 lights are recommended but if you really want to add some drama to the room as seen in the pictures and video, you’ll want at least 25 lights or more.
Package pricing varies depending on the number of fixtures and static color vs. a programmable color changing light show. Our most common package starts at $500.00 to nicely light an average sized banquet room with static color.
Includes three laser projectors that create a dazzling starfield and nebula effect on the venue ceiling giving you the impression of being outside under the stars. The following image is the starry night projection in combination with uplights. All house lights in the room are switched off. Starry night has the most desirable effect when paired with uplighting. Add-on cost: $250.00
Static Monogram (Gobo) Projection
We can create a custom static monogram (gobo) with your initials or names and your wedding date. Gobos can be projected on a wall, dance floor or ceiling through a special gobo projector. Artwork proof will be provided in advance for approval. At the end of the evening, your custom gobo is your to keep as a memento of your special day. We can also create an animated monogram that we can project using a specialized DLP projector for an even more dynamic impact. Add-on Cost: $250.00
Animated Monogram (Gobo) Projection
Photo Booth services include our revolutionary MirrorMe magic mirror for three hours. The timing can be figured out as the planning progresses and would also depend on desired setup location. Typically, in this scenario, the booth would be placed in the same location as the reception and be open during dinner and the first half of dancing but we can shift that based on how we orchestrate the evening and where the booth is placed. The booth will be manned, guests will receive their snaps and you will receive digital copies of each visitor. Add-on cost: $900.00